What: A Cornish Summer (Part 1) – St Ives
When: July 2016
Distance from home: 305 miles
Length of adventure: 7 nights
Details: This summer we ended up going to Cornwall twice – the first time we stayed in St Ives for a week and second time we went with my parents for a long weekend in Penzance. I’ve decided to write several posts combining the highlights from both trips as we went to a lot of the same places on both trips.
What did we do? As I mentioned the first time I went to Cornwall this summer we stayed in St Ives in an amazing apartment over looking the sea. We went on lots of day trips which will be mentioned in other blogs but here is what we did in St Ives itself.
- We drank rum and ate crab at the Rum and Crab Shack over looking the harbour.
- We learnt to SUP (stand up paddle board) with the St Ives Surf School on Porthminster Beach. We then hired paddle boards and went out on our own which was really fun.
- We ate breakfast at the Porthminster Beach Café over looking the sea.
- We had afternoon tea at Madeleine’s where the scones were delightful.
- We ate at the Porthmeor Beach Café where we saw dolphins frolicking out at sea.