What: A three day road trip across the Highlands
When: September 2017
Distance from home: 544 miles
Length of adventure: 3 nights
We decided to go to the highlands for a long weekend. We only went for three nights but managed to cover a lot of ground so I have split this into two blogs.
What did we do?
- We started by flying to Aberdeen and from there we drove across Cairngorms national park to Fort Augustus at the southern point of Loch Ness.
- We had a look for the Loch Ness monster
- We drove to the Isle of Skye.
- Went to the Talkiser Distillery
- Saw the fairy pools
- Took photos of Dunvegan Castle at sunset
- And…. Ate fish and chips!